There is a new Medicare Supplement plan offered by Blue Shield of California called Medicare Supplement G Inspire. Medigap G Inspire joins the ranks of a series of new Medigap plans, such as G Extra and Innovative Plan G, that offer additional benefits to traditional Medigap Plans.
In addition to offering hearing and vision benefits, like the plans named before , Medigap G Inspire offers AAA roadside assistance. Yes, you read that right. A Medigap plan with roadside assistance. Stick around to learn more about this unique new Medicare insurance plan.
What is Medigap?
Before we get into the exact details of Medigap G Inspire, let’s have a quick recap. Medigap is the nickname for Medicare Supplemental insurance. It is designed to help you cover most of what Medicare does not, such as deductibles and co-insurance.
While Medicare Supplement coverage is quite effective at closing the gaps left by Medicare, specially Plan F and Plan G, very few plans include hearing and vision. In fact, only Innovative F, F Extra, Innovative G and G Extra do.
Blue Shield now adds to that list with Medigap G Inspire, which covers hearing, vision and roadside assistance. As of now, it is only available in California.
At this point, it is worth noting is that there is currently an “underwriting holiday” until February 2021. The underwriting holiday gives you the chance to switch your plan to any Blue Shield Plan (including Medigap G Inspire) without answering health questions.
What does Medicare Supplement G Inspire cover?
Blue Shield’s Medigap G Inspire has the same exact coverage as Plan G Extra, plus an AAA Membership (American Automobile Association).
- Classic AAA Membership – A one-year membership with 24/7 roadside assistance
- AAA Roadwise Driver – An online driving simulation designed to help sharpen driving skills and promote safe driving
- Educational Driving Resources – A variety of educational resources, including a dedicated website with information, resources, and advice for drivers
- AAA Roadwise Rx – A tool designed to record prescription and over-the-counter medications to identify potential side effects and interactions that can impact safe driving
Let’s review hearing and vision too:
- Routine eye exam every 12 months: you pay $0
- Glass Frames Allowance every 24 months: $100 allowance
- Glass Lenses every 12 months: you pay $25
- Contacts every 12 months: you pay $25
- Hearing exam every 12 months: you pay $0
- Hearing aids every 12 months: $499 for Vista 610 model and $799 for Vista 810 model
Medigap G Inspire Memberships and Discounts
Medigap G Inspire also offers Silver Sneakers, which is a gym membership highly sought after when it comes to Medicare Supplement plans.
As of July 1, 2020, a standardized plan and an Extra plan are considered equal in benefits by the State of California. This means that if you have a standard G (or any other Medigap), you can switch to an Innovative, Extra or Inspire plan during the California Medigap Birthday Rule.
If you would like to know your exact price for G Inspire, you can always get an instant quote, but sometimes this new plan does not show up in the results since it is so new. Give us a call at 800-930-7956 and we can price it out for you.
If you are ready to enroll, click here for the Blue Shield of California online application. In case you prefer the phone or have additional questions, just call 800-930-7956.