Blue Shield of California has finally introduced its brand new Medicare Supplement Plan G Extra. This is the answer for those people who want the Medigap Innovative F Extra plan but cannot purchase it because they are new to Medicare after January 1, 2020. This plan has all the benefits offered by regular Plan G but includes extra benefits such as vision, hearing aid, physician consultation, over-the-counter items benefits, SilverSneakers, and NurseHelp 24/7 benefits.
Which benefits does Blue Shield Medigap Plan G Extra offer?
Plan G Extra offers the same benefits as Plan G PLUS the following:
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) items benefits: including coverage for eligible OTC health and wellness products such as cold and allergy medicines, first-aid supplies, pain relievers, and more.
- Physician consultation benefits: available by phone or video via computer or mobile app.
- Hearing aid benefits: including an annual hearing test and savings on Vista brand mid-level and premium-level hearing aids.
- Vision benefits: including coverage for the cost of eye exams, frames, eyeglass or contact lenses that are not traditionally covered by Original Medicare.
G Extra Savings:
Blue Shield offers a few “extra” savings when you apply for their new Medigap G Extra:
- “Welcome to Medicare” rate savings of $25 a month for those new to Medicare for the first 12 months.
- $3 each month for the first six months on dental rates if you enroll in a dental plan at the same time you enroll in a Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan.
- $3 each month by paying monthly dues through Easy$Pay using automatic checking or savings account debits.
- 7% each for Household Savings Program when you and another member of your household enroll in the same plan type.
When will my Medigap Plan G Extra start?
You can enroll from September 18, 2019 and your effective date will be January 1st, 2020.
Apply for Medigap G Extra Here or give us a call here at Senior65.com and we can help you enroll over the phone at no cost to you. We guarantee the lowest rates allowed by law so give us a call and we can help you compare prices and enroll.
Reader Comments and QuestionsClick Here if you have a question