Blue Shield of California has finally introduced its brand new Medicare Supplement Plan G Extra. This is the answer for those people who want the Medigap Innovative F Extra plan but cannot purchase it because they are new to Medicare after January 1, 2020. This plan has all the benefits offered by regular Plan G but includes extra benefits such as vision, hearing aid, physician consultation, over-the-counter items benefits, SilverSneakers, and NurseHelp 24/7 benefits.
Which benefits does Blue Shield Medigap Plan G Extra offer?
Plan G Extra offers the same benefits as Plan G PLUS the following:
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) items benefits: including coverage for eligible OTC health and wellness products such as cold and allergy medicines, first-aid supplies, pain relievers, and more.
- Physician consultation benefits: available by phone or video via computer or mobile app.
- Hearing aid benefits: including an annual hearing test and savings on Vista brand mid-level and premium-level hearing aids.
- Vision benefits: including coverage for the cost of eye exams, frames, eyeglass or contact lenses that are not traditionally covered by Original Medicare.
G Extra Savings:
Blue Shield offers a few “extra” savings when you apply for their new Medigap G Extra:
- “Welcome to Medicare” rate savings of $25 a month for those new to Medicare for the first 12 months.
- $3 each month for the first six months on dental rates if you enroll in a dental plan at the same time you enroll in a Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan.
- $3 each month by paying monthly dues through Easy$Pay using automatic checking or savings account debits.
- 7% each for Household Savings Program when you and another member of your household enroll in the same plan type.
When will my Medigap Plan G Extra start?
You can enroll from September 18, 2019 and your effective date will be January 1st, 2020.
Switch to Medigap G Extra
- Birthday Rule: Members enrolled in Plan F, Plan F Extra and Innovative Plan F can transfer to Plan G Extra without going through underwriting. However, existing Med Supp members in all other plans must go through underwriting.
- Special Election Period: The Blue Shield Medicare Supplement SEP allows members to transfer to an open plan of equal or lesser value without going through underwriting at any time during the year, rather than wait for their birthday. This includes Plan G Extra. Plan G Extra, however, is richer in value than all plans except, plans F, F Extra, and Innovative F. Unless the member is enrolled in one of the F plans previously mentioned, the member must medically qualify to enroll in Plan G Extra.
Apply for Medigap G Extra Here or give us a call here at Senior65.com and we can help you enroll over the phone at no cost to you. We guarantee the lowest rates allowed by law so give us a call and we can help you compare prices and enroll.