What are the options for switching from Medicare Advantage to Medigap?
- Switch during your first year of Medicare Advantage
- Switch during Special Enrollment Period
- Switch during the Annual Election Period (Oct 7 – Dec 15)
- Switch during the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment period (Jan 1 – Feb 14)
Who would want to change from Medicare Advantage to Medigap?You may want to switch from Medicare Advantage to Medigap if:
- You are looking to access a bigger network of doctors. Medigap accesses the same network of doctors as Original Medicare, the largest network of doctors in America
- You want increased benefits. Some Medigap plans offer benefits such as foreign travel emergency coverage or 365 extra days of hospital coverage that your Medicare Advantage plan may not cover.
- You want to avoid deductibles, copays or co-insurances. Certain Medigap plans cover all deductibles and most cover all out of pocket costs.
- You want protect your wealth. Owning a Medigap plan is considered by many the best way to protect yourself from the high cost of medical bills .
Next Steps for Switching to MedigapChanging plans from Medicare Advantage to a Medicare Supplemental plan is not for everyone. You must make sure that it fits your budget and make sure you are approved on a Medigap plan before your MA plan is cancelled. Please call our licensed independent agents at 800-930-7956 to discuss your situation.
Learn More about Medigap Get a Medigap Quote Apply for Medigap
Learn More about Medicare Advantage Get a Medicare Advantage Quote