Usually there are 4 options for seniors currently on a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan who would like to change to a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan. Under the first two options, switchers are guaranteed to be approved. Options 3 and 4 require completing certain medical questions before approval.
What are the options for switching from Medicare Advantage to Medigap?
- Switch during your first year of Medicare Advantage
- Switch during Special Enrollment Period
- Switch during the Annual Election Period (Oct 7 – Dec 15)
- Switch during the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment period (Jan 1 – Feb 14)
Who would want to change from Medicare Advantage to Medigap?
Some people are really suited for Medicare Advantage, but Medigap tends to offer better coverage. You may want to switch from Medicare Advantage to Medigap if:
- You are looking to access a bigger network of doctors. Medigap accesses the same network of doctors as Original Medicare, the largest network of doctors in America
- You want increased benefits. Some Medigap plans offer benefits such as foreign travel emergency coverage or 365 extra days of hospital coverage that your Medicare Advantage plan may not cover.
- You want to avoid deductibles, copays or co-insurances. Certain Medigap plans cover all deductibles and most cover all out of pocket costs.
- You want protect your wealth. Owning a Medigap plan is considered by many the best way to protect yourself from the high cost of medical bills .
Next Steps for Switching to Medigap
Changing plans from Medicare Advantage to a Medicare Supplemental plan is not for everyone. You must make sure that it fits your budget and make sure you are approved on a Medigap plan before your MA plan is cancelled. Please call our licensed independent agents at 800-930-7956 to discuss your situation.
Get Medigap Prices
Check how much it would cost you.Click Here