Health Net is introducing its brand new Medigap Plan Innovative G in California as of 2020. This plan will have the same benefits as Medigap Plan G and include some additional hearing and vision benefits.
What does Medigap Innovative G cover?
In addition to the core benefits that all Medigap plan G plans must offer, this plan will also include:
- Routine Hearing Exam: one hearing exam every 12 months
- Hearing Aid(s): includes fitting evaluation; hearing aid cost shares are based on technology level*:
- Level 1 – $0
- Level 2 – $700
- Level 3 – $1,125
- Level 4 – $1,580
- Routine Eye Exam: one vision exam every 12 months
- Eyewear: up to $250 allowance for frame and lens package once every 24 months or contact lens once every 12 months
- Chiropractic/ Acupuncture ($0 copay/ 20 visits combined)
These new hearing aid cost shares are the same as those offered in Health Net Innovative Plan F.
Can I Switch to Innovative G?
Short answer is YES! If you already have a Medigap plan you can apply for Innovative G at any time of the year but you may be subject to medical underwriting. You can also take advantage of the CA birthday rule outlined below.
As of July 1, 2020, a standardized plan and an Innovative plan are considered equal in benefits. This means if you have a standard F or G you can switch to Innovative F, Innovative G or F extra during the California Birthday Rule.
Next Steps for enrolling with Senior65.com
Give us a call to enroll on any Medigap, Medicare Advantage or Part D drug plan. You can also apply online following the buttons below. We offer the guaranteed lowest price allowed by law and charge nothing for our services.
Get a Medigap QuoteApply for Medigap