Health Net of California announced today that they will be offering hearing and vision benefits as part of their new Innovative Plan F Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan. Taking a page out of Anthem’s wildly popular Innovative F launched last year, Health Net has followed suit with their version of an Innovative F.
Health Net’s plan F includes all the benefits of a traditional Plan F but also includes the following benefits that are not covered by Medicare or other Medigap plans. As of July 1, 2020, a standardized plan and an Innovative plan are considered equal in benefits. This means if you have a standard F you can switch to Innovative F or F extra during the California Birthday Rule.
This article was updated on November 12, 2019 to reflect new information.
- ROUTINE EYE EXAM (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100% after $10 copayment
- GLASSES (Every 24 Months) Plan pays up to $250 allowance for frame and lens package
- CONTACTS (Every 12 Months) Plan pays up to $250 allowance
- HEARING EXAM (one every 12 Months)
- HEARING AID(S) Hearing aid cost shares are based on technology level:
- Level 1 – $0
- Level 2 – $700
- Level 3 – $1,125
- Level 4 – $1,580
So why is it “Innovative”?
Innovative Plan F offers the same benefits as Plan F with the addition of routine eye exams, eyewear, hearing exams and hearing aids. These additional benefits are not covered by Medicare or a standard Medicare Supplement Plan.
You can also Compare Anthem Blue Cross Innovative F vs Health Net Innovative F vs Blue Shield F Extra or learn about Medigap Plan G Extra in California.