HealthNet of California announced today that they will be offering hearing and vision benefits as part of their new Innovative Plan F Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan. Taking a page out of Anthem’s wildly popular Innovative F launched last year, HealthNet has followed suit with their version of an Innovative F.
HealthNet’s plan F includes all the benefits of a traditional Plan F but also includes the following benefits that are not covered by Medicare or other Medigap plans.
- ROUTINE EYE EXAM (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100% after $10 copayment
- GLASSES (Every 24 Months) Plan pays up to $250 allowance for frame and lens package
- CONTACTS (Every 12 Months) Plan pays up to $250 allowance
- HEARING EXAM (Every 12 Months)
- HEARING AID(S) There is a $500 benefit maximum for one hearing aid or $1,000 benefit maximum for two hearing aids (one pair) every three years.
So Why is in “Innovative?”
Innovative Plan F offers the same benefits as Plan F with the addition of routine eye exams, eyewear, hearing exams and hearing aids. These additional benefits are not covered by Medicare or a standard Medicare Supplement Plan.