Anthem Blue Cross Innovative Medigap Plan F Overview
Innovative F Medigap is a new Medicare Supplement plan offered by Anthem Blue Cross in California and Nevada starting Jan 1, 2018. (Kentucky added Innovative F in Feb). It covers all the benefits offered by traditional Medigap plan F with the exact same network of doctors but now it includes new vision and hearing benefits. The most noteworthy addition to Innovative F is a $750 hearing aid benefit.
This article was updated on January 17, 2018 with new information.
Innovative F Vision Details
Anthem has added Vision using the Blue View Vision Access network. You may receive covered benefits outside of the Blue View Vision Access network but you may pay more. Here is what is covered:
- Routine Eye Exam (with dilation as needed) once every 12 months. You pay $25 for this benefit.
- $100 Eyeglass Frames Allowance toward new frames once every 24 months. You pay any cost over $100.
- Lenses: (once every 12 months). You pay a $25 copay.
- $100 allowance for Contact Lenses (in place of eyeglass lenses) once every 12 months. You pay all costs over $100.
Innovative F Hearing Details
Offered through Anthem’s Hearing Care Solutions network of providers, this coverage provides an annual hearing exam and hearing aid(s). This includes a 60-day evaluation period for hearing aids. Here is a snapshot of what is covered under hearing benefits:
- Hearing Exam – Coverage for one routine hearing exam every 12 months.
- $750 allowance towards Hearing Aids – Includes fitting evaluation for a hearing aid(s).
Innovative F Other benefits
- Silver Sneakers Gym Program
- Welcome to Medicare Discount (New to Medicare get $20 off each month for first year)
- 24 Nurseline
- Rate Lock (On Jan 1, 2018 Anthem said rates wont change before March 2019)
- Household discount for spouse/partner
- Autopay discount
- Optional Dental
Innovative F Medigap Complete Benefit Details
|Benefits||Original Medicare Alone||Original Medicare With Innovative Plan F|
|Doctor Network||All Doctors that accept Medicare||All Doctors that accept Medicare|
|Part A Hospital Benefit Period Deductible||You pay $1,340*||You pay $0|
|Hospital days 61-90||You pay $335 per day per day||You pay $0|
|Hospital Days 91-150||You pay $670 per day per day (lifetime reserve days)||You pay $0|
|Beyond Lifetime Reserve Days||You pay 100%||You pay $0 up to an additional 365 hospitalization days.|
|Skilled Nursing Facility Care Days 1-20||You pay $0 (Part A deductible applies)**||You pay $0|
|Skilled Nursing Facility Care Days 21-100||You pay $167.50 per day||You pay $0|
|Hospice Respite Care||You pay 5%||You pay $0|
|First 3 Pints of Blood||You pay 100%||You pay $0|
|Additional Blood||You pay $0||You pay $0|
|Part B Annual Deductible||You pay $183||You pay $0|
|Ambulance||You pay 20% (Part B deductible applies)||You pay $0|
|Doctor’s Office Copays/Coinsurance||You pay 20% (Part B deductible applies)||You pay $0|
|Durable Medical Equipment||You pay 20% (Part B deductible applies)||You pay $0|
|Part B Excess Charges||You pay 100% (Part B deductible applies)||You pay $0|
|Foreign Travel Emergency||You pay 100%||You pay 20%***|
|Out-Patient Surgery||You pay 20% (Part B deductible applies)||You pay $0|
|Urgent Care||You pay 20% (Part B deductible applies)||You pay $0|
|Routine Eye Exam||You pay 100%||You pay $25|
|Eyeglass Frames||You pay 100%||You GET $100 towards frames every 2 years|
|Contact Lenses||You pay 100%||You GET $100 towards lenses|
|Yearly Hearing Exam||You pay 100%||You pay $0|
|Hearing Aids and fitting||You pay 100%||You GET $750|