Blue Shield of California is now offering Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan F Extra with hearing and vision benefits. Following the lead of Anthem Innovative F launched last year, Blue Shield now has a Medigap Plan F extra with, um…, extra benefits that are not covered by traditional Plan F benefits. So just to clarify this has the same exact network of doctors and medical coverage as every other Medigap plan F but also includes the benefits below.
NOTE: Blue Shield temporarily allowed those with a Medigap plan to switch to Medigap Plan F Extra without underwriting approval until April 25th 2019. We will be posting updates if happens again.
What does Blue Shield F Extra include?
- SILVER SNEAKERS Comes with a membership to Silver Sneakers gym program
- ROUTINE EYE EXAM (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100% after $20 copayment
- GLASS FRAMES (Every 24 Months) Plan pays up to $100 allowance for frames
- GLASS LENSES (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100% after $25 copay
- CONTACTS (Every 12 Months) Plan pays up to 100%
- HEARING EXAM (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100%
- HEARING AIDS (Every Year) Plan offers you discount on two Vista Hearing aid models
-Vista 610 model you pay $499
-Vista 810 model you pay $799
Vista hearing aids are available in the following styles:
- In the ear
- In the canal
- Invisible in canal
- Behind the ear
- Receiver in the ear
No cost for Hearing aid fittings, counseling, and adjustments
– Ear impressions & molds
– Hearing aid device checks
– Two-year supply of batteries per hearing aid
– Three-year extended warranty on some models
Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) – Your PERS benefits are provided by Lifestation.
- One personal emergency response system
- Choice of an in-home system or mobile device with GPS/WiFi
- Monthly monitoring
- Necessary chargers and cords