Blue Shield of California is now offering Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan F Extra with hearing and vision benefits. Following the lead of Anthem Innovative F launched last year, Blue Shield now has a Medigap Plan F extra with, um…, extra benefits that are not covered by traditional Plan F benefits. So just to clarify this has the same exact network of doctors and medical coverage as every other Medigap plan F but also includes the benefits below.
NOTE: Have a plan but thinking about switching to F Extra? Blue Shield is temporarily allowing those with a Medigap plan to switch to Medigap Plan F Extra without underwriting approval.
This “free switch” opportunity ends April 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Blue Shield F Extra Includes the following:
- SILVER SNEAKERS Comes with a membership to Silver Sneakers gym program
- ROUTINE EYE EXAM (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100% after $20 copayment
- GLASS FRAMES (Every 24 Months) Plan pays up to $100 allowance for frames
- GLASS LENSES (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100% after $25 copay
- CONTACTS (Every 12 Months) Plan pays up to 100%
- HEARING EXAM (Every 12 Months) Plan pays 100%
- HEARING AIDS (Every Year) Plan offers you discount on two Vista Hearing aid models
-Vista 610 model you pay $499
-Vista 810 model you pay $799
Vista hearing aids are available in the following styles:
- In the ear
- In the canal
- Invisible in canal
- Behind the ear
- Receiver in the ear
No cost for Hearing aid fittings, counseling, and adjustments
– Ear impressions & molds
– Hearing aid device checks
– Two-year supply of batteries per hearing aid
– Three-year extended warranty on some models