If you have missed your Medicare Supplement initial enrollment period when you are first eligible for Medicare Part B, you might think, “I’m out of luck.” But that’s not always the case. There are a few options for those of you that may have not enrolled in a Medicare Supplement plan (Medigap) on your first go. If you do not yet know your deadlines, check our Deadline Calculator.
This article was updated on March 25, 2019 to reflect new information
What if I Miss My Medigap Deadline?
There’s a few things you can do if you miss the Medigap deadline during your initial enrollment period (usually a 6 month period starting the first day of your birth month). Here’s a list of them:
- Check to see if you qualify for Medigap guaranteed issuance outside of your initial enrollment period.
- If you do not qualify for the above and do not have preexisting conditions get a Medigap quote, and you will more than likely be approved.
- If you do have preexisting conditions, it maybe more difficult to be accepted, but not to worry, Senior65 considers itself the Medigap expert, and we will help you find the right plan for you. Call 800-930-7956
- If you have Medicare Advantage and want to switch to Medigap, there are optimal times to apply, and companies to work with. Senior65 can help
- If you are enrolled in a Medigap and want to switch to another Medigap plan, there are other options for you.
Next Steps if you Miss Your Medigap Deadline
As you can see above, there are several times you can apply for a Medigap plan. First thing you will want to do is contact Senior65’s independent insurance sales agents at 800-930-7956. We are experts at finding the right plan based on your health and financial needs.