Another busy AEP open enrollment period is over. Now that 2020 is about to end, it is time to have a quick look at what Medicare has in store for us in 2021.
Medicare 2021 Premiums and Deductibles
Medicare premiums and deductibles will be increasing this year.
- Part A Deductible: $1,484
- Part B Deductible: $203
- Standard Part B Premium: $148.50
There are many more changes to Medicare premiums and deductibles for 2021. Click here to see all the details.
A Second Open Enrollment?
There is a second open enrollment period that runs from from 1/1/2021 – 3/31/2021 for those on Medicare Advantage (MA). During this time, if you are in an MA Plan and want to change your health plan, you can do one of following:
- Switch to a different Medicare Advantage plan with or without drug coverage
- Go back to Original Medicare and, if needed, join a Medigap and Medicare Prescription Drug plan
You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment here.
Medigap Underwriting Holiday
Blue Shield of California is offering what they call a “Medigap Underwriting Holiday.”
Those CA members who already have a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) or a Medicare Advantage plan can switch to Blue Shield Medigap without obtaining underwriting approval. These offers end Feb 28, 2021.
If you are interested in switching using this special offer, give us a call at 800-930-7956 or read more about Blue Shield Underwriting holiday here.
Colorado Special Enrollment
Colorado is offering a one-time special enrollment period for Medigap Plan C and Plan F enrollees to switch to Medigap Plan D and Plan G.
Here is a quick overview:
- Will run from January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021
- Applies to Medigap enrollees who already have Plan C or Plan F, and who became eligible for Medicare prior to 2020
- Allows Plan C enrollees to switch to any available Plan D
- Allows Plan F enrollees to switch to any available Plan G
We hope you find these updates helpful and the team at Senior65 wishes you a happy new year.