You should review your Medicare open enrollment options, even if you like your current plan.
Before we explain why this is important, here’s a quick reminder about Medicare’s Annual Election Period (AEP). Open Enrollment Medicare runs from October 15 thru December 7th each year. During this time you can join or switch a Medicare Advantage plan or prescription drug plan, or reenroll in Original Medicare.
This article was originally written in 2014 and updated on October 18, 2016.
Why Review Medicare Options During Open Enrollment?
Medicare Health plans change each year, so even if you like your current coverage you’ll want to review your Medicare open enrollment options. Some of the changes this year will be:
- Increases in Medicare Advantage and Part D premiums
- Increases in out-of-pocket costs
- Additional expensive drug-pricing tiers
- Additional charges if you don’t go to approved pharmacies
- New restrictions on drug coverage
- Doctor and hospital network changes
For help figuring out open enrollment, click on the button below or contact Senior65.