In 2013 you will see a few changes to traditional Medicare. Specifically, Medicare Parts A and B deductible and premium rates will increase. See below for complete details.
Medicare Part A 2013 Changes:
• Hospital deductible is now $1,184
• Hospital coinsurance for days 61 through 90 is now $296
• Days 90+ (lifetime reserve days) coinsurance is now $592
• Skilled nursing co-insurance for days 21 through 100 will be $148
Medicare Part B 2013 Changes:
• Part B Deductible for 2013 is now $147
• Standard monthly premium rate for 2013 is now $104.90
Those making over $85,000 single or $170,000 joint will see a 5% increase in their monthly part B premium. If you are interested in reducing these additional cost, you will want to consider a Medicare Supplemental plan. To get a Medigap quick quote, click on the quote button on the right side of this page.