If you qualify for Medicare you will no longer will pay for approved preventive services under Medicare. These services include wellness visits, mammograms, and colonoscopies without having to pay coinsurance or coming out of the Medicare Part B deductible. This is good news for seniors or anyone who is Medicare Eligible.
Medicare and ObamaCare
One of the few changes ObamaCare had on Medicare was to remove all fees for approved preventive health care. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Certain screenings, shots,
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements
- A calculation of your body mass index
- A simple vision test
- A review of your potential risk for depression and your level of safety
- An offer to talk with you about creating advance directives.
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need.
- A review of your medical and family history
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Detection of any cognitive impairment
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- A screening schedule (like a checklist) for appropriate preventive services.
- Advance Care Planning
To learn more about how the Affordable Care Act affects Medicare or your Medigap plan, call 800-930-7956 or contact Senior65.